14.9 C

Twitch’s new Partner Plus tier outlines what it takes to get a higher revenue sharing split



Twitch is introducing a new “Partner Plus” program that will give streamers an increased 70 percent of the share of their subscription revenues, with Twitch taking the other 30 percent, the company announced on Thursday. Most partnered streamers receive 50 percent of their subscription revenues, though Twitch had negotiated 70 / 30 deals with some of the platform’s biggest streamers until recently.

Streamers will need to keep a sub count of at least 350 “recurring paid subscriptions for three consecutive months” to qualify for the program, Twitch’s chief monetization officer Mike Minton and chief content officer Laura Lee said in the company’s blog post. Once you meet that benchmark, the execs say you’ll be automatically enrolled for the next 12 months, “even if you dip below the subscription threshold during the 12-month period.” (Free subscriptions given to Amazon Prime members do not count toward qualifying for the Partner Plus tier, according to an FAQ.) After you earn $100,000 in subscription revenues, your split will be reduced to the standard 50 / 50.

The program is set to launch on October 1st, and if you meet the criteria in July, August, and September, you’ll be enrolled in October.

Source link

Subscribe to our magazine

━ more like this

What a government shutdown would mean for Medicare beneficiaries

Congress has through Saturday to avoid a government shutdown that would disrupt the U.S. economy and the lives of millions of Americans who...

The S&P is heading below 3,000. Basic math (and a metric beloved by famed economist Robert Shiller) suggests it

Stocks have suffered a rough September, with the S&P 500 dropping from 4,516 at the month’s start to 4,275 by midday on September...

Newegg launches trade-in program for oldish graphics cards

Newegg will now take your old GPU off your hands in exchange for a trade-in credit on a new one. The Newegg Trade-In...

Fly with Delta frequently? Small business owners can score a solid welcome bonus and other perks with the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card

Why we like this card: If you’re a small business owner who flies with Delta regularly and wants to score a solid welcome...

Anthropic’s CEO says why he quit his job at OpenAI to start a competitor that just received billions from Amazon and Google

Dario Amodei quit his job at OpenAI because he wanted to build a more trusted model. In 2021, he founded Anthropic with his...